FAQ: Help, I’ve lost my snippets! Where are they? How do I get them back into TypeIt4Me?
If your snippets have gone AWOL, don’t panic. It’s highly unlikely that TypeIt4Me has mysteriously deleted them. Do a search in Finder for files ending in .typeit4me. Locate your abbreviations file in the list of search results and double click on it. This will automatically move it to the Sets folder and open it in TypeIt4Me, so you can carry on where you left off.
If the Finder search doesn’t turn anything up, have a look in your Trash just in case your snippet set was accidentally moved there. If it’s not in there, you’ll need to restore one of the archived versions of the file that TypeIt4Me saves periodically. To do that:
- Click on Go in the Finder menu bar.
- Hold down the alt/option key.
- Click on Library when it appears in the menu.
- In the window that opens, go to Application Support > TypeIt4Me > Archives
- Double-click on the most recent file you can see in there. It will be moved to “Sets on this Mac” in TypeIt4Me